Sunday, August 23, 2009

so I really actually love this country

there's apparently a Princeton near my house. There's a Harvard too.

Getting extra tuition in Sri Lanka's sometimes cut-throat academic arena is not unusual. Everyone Is Doing It, So Should You. It's come to a point where there are huge institutions earning heaps of money holding mass tuition classes prepping thousands of students for the O Level and A Level exams. Shakthi Institute is one. Harvard was another. Princeton is apparently the newest one. My brother pointed out the posters to me on the road. I burst out laughing.

I appreciate this dusty little island a whole lot more after my visit down under. After I've visited my relations and shopped until I've run out of money, Sydney is not that fun a place to be. Admittedly, I like America a lot better. America's cheaper, to boot.

I've also just discovered how cool crosswords are. I'm working my way up to winning a Dyson handheld vacuum cleaner. Or a Breville cappuccino machine. Or $500 dollars. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment